WHY PALMROCK INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Welcome to Palmrock international school a vibrant international school, with high expectations and standards, in a creative, supportive and collaborative learning environment. It has been my privilege to work at this school since it opened in 2011 and, as Principal, I am as committed as ever in creating a learning environment whereby students have a high quality holistic educational experience in achieving their academic and personal goals. I recognise that the top universities and employers seek articulate, balanced, creative, high achieving learners and leaders who have, and will continue to, contribute positively to their local and wider community. Our curriculum is therefore designed to reflect this.
- To offer a transformational education focused on the skills and attributes that will empower all learners to succeed and shape our future as global citizens.
- To develop future leaders who understand that their positive actions can contribute to the improvement of local, national and international communities.
- To provide an inclusive learning environment where all learners feel supported, motivated and encouraged to pursue their personal best.
In terms of global citizenship, our students are locally educated, globally minded. The expectation is for students to identify how their positive actions can contribute to developing and improving the international community’s economic, social and political practices and well-being.
The ethos of the school is one of learning, creativity, high standards, collaboration, continuous improvement, and support. Everyone in the school is considered to be a life-long learner and the process of self-evaluation and continuous improvement is important as the school strives to provide the very best international education for all learners. The school has been awarded Investors in People (Gold) Accreditation and has achieved Council of International Schools (CIS) Accreditation.
As a parent myself, I understand and value the importance of education, life-long learning and the partnership between family and the school in supporting our learners to be engaged and successful. Our staff work tirelessly, with huge commitment and dedication, to support all our learners – inside and outside the classroom – and create special memories. In a recent school survey over 90% of students declared their enjoyment at school citing special events such as Al Bateen Olympics (Sports Day), Warrior Challenge, National and International Days, BateenFest (Enterprise Day), House Events, and school productions.
Our highest achieving students can apply for a place within the school’s Academy of Excellence; a personalized programme that both enriches and challenges students beyond that of the formal curriculum. Specifically, the Academy of Excellence provides the following benefits to any participating student:
- Recognition of a young person’s exceptional ability or talent, thus a place in the Academy is prestigious;
- An extension to the educational challenges and opportunities both within and beyond the formal curriculum and any gifted and talented activities;
- Development of skills and attributes, like that of critical thinking, so students can achieve at a higher level;
- Development of passion, creativity and commitment in areas of interest;
- An opportunity to enrich, extend and accelerate learning;
- Preparation for University.
Please Book a Tour, via the link on this homepage, and come and visit our wonderful school. I very much look forward to meeting you.
With best wishes,
BA (Hons) MSc NPQH
Palmrock International School Principal